Sunday, July 1, 2007

I have arrived.

Well, here we are. Really don't know what else to say. Ministry has begun. I'm sure I felt more out of my depths when I arrived in England, but I don't think that feeling changes. There's so much to learn, being in a new place. Plus, it's been a long time since I've done anything in an American church, let alone one this small. It's yet another learning cliff.

It's an odd thing, I've decided, returning from living abroad. Things here have changed, but it's supposed to be home and stay exactly the same. At the same time, I've changed, too. A lot. It's weird. In England, it was easy to pick out why I felt different from everybody else, why I didn't fit in quite right. But now, over here, it doesn't feel quite right, either, but there' s no outward or obvious sign of my difference. I'd rather be blatantly different than subtly so, if that makes any sense.

But anyway, the reentry continues. I've got most of the furniture ordered. I bought a new car. The house is slowly getting into shape. I'll have pictures to post soon.

Hope you're well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am excited to see how you fare in Advance. The differences will be vast, as will the similarities. Let me know if you're ever in town - I'll treat you to something nice and we can chat!